If you like to Export all your iPhone Contacts from iCloud as vCard this guide will help you to do that very easy and fast. People who have more than one iOS device are very fortunate to have iCloud. Because thanks to iCloud, it is now possible to make iPhone contacts managing even simpler than the usual iTunes sync that exists currently.
Perhaps the biggest disadvantage which the iPhone has is that there is enormous lack of control over the things you are allowed to do with your phone contact list. And knowing that exporting your iPhone contacts to non iOS device is a bit complicated too, it is also important to learn how to properly transfer iPhone contacts to Android device.
Reminder: Those users who want to create local backup of their iCloud contacts will surely find this guide useful. Even I feel much more secure when I know that I have a local iPhone contact backup copy on my desktop and in the cloud.
The basic features for your contacts such as delete one or all contacts, export/import from Contacts, edit, duplicate etc. are not available and perhaps this is a big turn off. But still, you can find all of these features on the iCloud website and make use of them.
We will show you how to export all of your iPhone contacts from iCloud as a vCard. Once you have exported them, you can easily later import the contacts to different devices and software such as Windows Live, Android, Outlook and many others.
Export iPhone Contacts from iCloud as vCard
- To begin , using your computer web browser go to iCloud.com
- Now login to your iCloud account. You can do this by using your Apple ID and password
- Next, tap on Contacts from the menu
- You will be shown your contact list. If you have not made any backup copy of your contacts recently it is time to do one now. Open your iPhone Settings and choose iCloud. From there go to Storage and Backup and tap on Backup now
- Back to your computer, press on Settings icon which is located on the left bottom side
- Press “Select all” and you will select all contacts
- Press on the Settings icon again and tap on “Export vCard”
- A dialog windows will appear asking you to save the vcf file on your computer.
The saved vcf file containing all your iPhone contacts can be open thru numerous apps. For example, you can copy-past it to microSD card and transfer the contacts on an Android device. It is simple and easy. Give it a try.