When will lost your iPhone or will be locked this guide will help you how to find IMEI number on iPhone with five methods. If you own an iPhone then you most likely have heard about the IMEI number and its importance. One thing that you need to know about the IMEI number of your iDevice is how to check whether the current IMEI you have is valid or not.
This topic is highly discussed nowadays, and now you will find out all about the methods which can enable you to find the IMEI number, serial number and the ICCID of your iPhone.
Find the IMEI number of your iPhone if connected to iTunes
The info bellow will enable you to find the IMEI of your iPhone if it is connected to iTunes:
- Connect the iPhone with your computer, and once it starts appearing in iTunes (12.6 or higher) select the device
- Press on “Summary” and the serial number of the iPhone will be shown
- Click on “Phone Number” under “Summary” tab to see the IMEI number of the device
- To check the ICCID, press on “IMEI”
Once you see the IMEI code, it is recommended that you write it down and use it to see if your iPhone is currently locked or not.
Find the IMEI number of an iPhone if it is “Not” connected to iTunes
Follow these steps:
- Start iTunes (it must be iTunes 8.1 or newer) and go to device backup
- Now, open “Preferences”. In case you are using Windows computer you can access preferences by going to “Edit”—“Preferences”. In case you are using MAC, then go to “iTunes”—“Preferences”
- Select the “Devices” tab. Hover your mouse on the iPhone backup and it will show you the IMEI and the serial number of your device
Find the iPhone’s IMEI number from the About Screen
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings—General and open About from the home screen menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and you should be able to see the IMEI number as well as the serial number
You can find the IMEI number of your device from the SIM Tray
It is possible to see the IMEI number of any iPhone which is locked by simply ejecting the SIM tray. You can use a small tool to remove the SIM tray on your device and see the serial number and the IMEI that are displayed on the tray.
Of course this method works only for the newer models such as the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS and the iPhone 3G.
In case the SIM tray on your iPhone has already been replaced then we recommend that you try the optional method to find the 15 digit code.
Read Next: How To Put iPhone or iPad in DFU Mode
Find your iPhone’s IMEI number by dialing the number *#06#
One of the easiest ways to find iPhone IMEI number of any given iPhone is to simply dial the number *#06#. It is easy and 100 percent accurate. This method works for any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and even for Android devices.
- Dial the number *#06# to find the IMEI code of your Apple device
Some iPhone have the IMEI engraved on their backside
Some iPhone models have the iPhone engraved on the backside of the device. Usually the following models have this feature: iPhone 6, 6 Plus, SE, 5S, 5C or iPhone 5
Find the IMEI number of your iPhone from the original box of the device
Any iPhone or iPad model comes with an original box packing, where the IMEI code is engraved on the back of the packing. On the back side of the box usually there is a barcode and next to it is the IMEI number.
How to find the IMEI code via the Activation Screen on your iDevice
In case you have performed Restore on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, but you have not activated it yet, or at the moment it is iCloud locked, then you can find iPhone IMEI code directly from the activation screen. All that you need to do is to tap on the (i) icon which is located at the bottom right corner of the device.
- A new pop up message will be shown and it will indicate the IMEI number as well as the UDID of the iDevice.
- You can later copy or write down the number for later use.
Note 1: If you want to find the original mobile operator and the IMEI unlock status, you can always use our FREE iPhone IMEI checker online tool
And that’s all; the methods explained above will help you find iPhone IMEI number as well as the status of your device in only a few minutes. On top of that you can find the serial number as well as other important data that you may need to unlock your device.