In case you already have a new Apple ID or for some other reasons you want to permanently delete the iCloud account on your iPhone or iPad, then you ought to know that the procedure is a bit different in the new iOS 10.
The process itself has not changed much, however in order to make things clear we have prepared a special tutorial recommended for iOS 10 users. You can find the complete guide bellow:
How to Delete iCloud Account on iOS 10?
- The first step is to go to the Settings menu on your iPhone/iPad and to tap “iCloud”.
- Next, go to the bottom of the menu and tap “Sign out”.
- You will be immediately sent a warning message. Choose to ignore the message and tap on “Sign Out” again.
- The pop-up warning message will again show. Ignore it again and tap on “delete from my iPhone”.
- The warning message will appear one more time. You will be asked whether you want to keep the iCloud data synchronized on your iPhone / iPad device. Two options will be presented: either “Keep on my iPhone” or “delete from my iPhone”. Choose the one you think it is necessary.
- Type in your Apple ID password to proceed with the process.
In case you have chosen “Delete from my iPhone” in the previous step, the data which is synced from iCloud will be deleted on the iPad / iPhone. However, the same data will be available on the iCloud drive and you can easily retrieve it later again simply by adding the iCloud account.