We have one effective but at the same time simple and easy method how to Unlock Bootloader for your Sony Xperia Tipo and Tipo dual device model. And that’s not all, because you can use this method to unlock any other Sony Xperia device as well.
In order to unlock the bootloader of any Sony Xperia phone, it is required that you enter an unlock code. However, just recently Sony has removed the Xperia Tipo and Xperia Tipo dual from their official website list of devices which’ boot loader can be unlocked. And according to the website, if the device is not on the list, then the bootloader of that particular model cannot be unlocked.
Still, that does not mean that there are no alternative methods to unlock the bootloader of any Sony Xperia Tipo and Tipo dual phones.
However, before we begin, it is required that you check whether the bootloader of your device can be unlocked.
Please follow these instructions to check:
- Open the dial-pad on your device and dial the following number *#*#7378423#*#* which will grant you access to the service menu
- Press on Service Info – Configuration – Rooting Status. If you see that the “Bootloader unlock allowed” says Yes, than you can proceed with the bootloader unlock. If not, then unfortunately your device’s bootloader cannot be unlocked. To lear how to Root Sony Xperia Phone go here on this guide.
First Method to Unlock Sony Xperia Tipo and Tipo Dual Bootloader
- Go to the official website of Sony Xperia. From the list, choose the model of the device for which you want to unlock the bootloader. If you want to unlock Sony Xperia Tipo/Tipo dual (which are not on the list) then choose any device which is similar to Tipo, such as the Xperia E, or E dual, Xperia M or Xperia Miro etc.
- Once you have selected the device, press Continue and enter your email address
- A link will be sent to your email. Click on the link, and you will be asked to enter the IMEI number of your Sony Xperia device (To get the IMEI number just dial *#06#)
- Follow the onscreen instructions and the unlock code will be immediately sent to you
Two files need to be downloaded:
Please remember that by unlocking the bootloader your warranty will be voided. So create a backup of all the data on the device, because everything stored on it will be permanently erased.
- Install the Sony PC companion and connect your phone with your computer. Don’t forget the USB debugging
- Open SE bootloader Unlocking and click on SE_Bootloader_Unlock_Relock
Part Two to Unlock Bootloader for Sony Tipo / Tipo Dual
- Now enter the first 14 digits of the IMEI number into the first field box
- In the second box enter the Unlock code. (If you are using Xperia Tipo/Tipo dual device, then press on Get Unlock code button. An unlock code will be generated into the unlock code box. If the code does not appear automatically, then try to get it via email)
- Check if the Flash type is Fastboot mode (this is required). Disconnect the USB cable, turn off the phone, and hold the Volume Up key and connect the USB cable to the computer. If the LED light turns blue, then your phone will be put into Fastboot mode
- Press on the “Unlock BL” button. The program will automatically unlock the bootloader.
You can reboot your device now. To see if the bootloader was successfully unlocked just open the dial pad and dial *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
Next, tap Service Info – Configuration – rooting status. If you see that the Bootloader unlock says yes, then the bootloader was successfully unlocked.