“Single Sign On” which according to many bears the title of being one of the most entertaining apps nowadays for Apple TV and iPhone devices. This is the case because this app has a lot more to offer notably it even recommends TV Shows and movies in accordance with your viewing history.
If you want to enjoy the full benefits which this TV App has to offer, we have a complete online Tutorial to get you started. With this short guide we have covered all aspects- from removing all the viewing history and finding compatible apps. So without further ado, let’s begin!
Tips on how to efficiently use TV App on Apple TV or iPhone
Please note before we begin:
- The current version of the TV app has replaced the videos App in the US in the 10.2 iOS version or newer.
- This means that the previous videos you had stored in the Videos app will now be directly transferred into the TV App.
- If you navigate to “Up Next” you will be able to see all the content you have watched on Apple TV running tvOS 10.2 or iPad/iPhone running iOS 10.1 or newer.
- In case you have signed with all of your Apple devices with the same Apple ID, then “Up Next” will show you the content from all of your iDevice.
- If you use the TV App on several iDevices at once that have been signed with the same Apple ID, then any settings changes will be applied to all the devices.
Currently four tabs are available:
Library: This tab keeps all of your previously rented/purchased movies and TV shows
Search Tab: You can use this tab if you want to find specific TV Shows or movies by entering the title, cast etc… Also, you can find out the newest trending content too.
On top of that, by using Siri you can add your favorite content to Up Next. (In addition to this, there is also an option to add content to “Up Next” from the main product’s page of the content).
Store Tab: With Store tab you can find/install apps which are compatible with the TV app. You can also look up the latest TV show and movies.
Watch Now: This tab has two sections available. The first feature-Up next shows you the current shows and movies, while the latter features suggestions for all the new content released by Apple.
Learn how to find compatible apps with TV App
If you want to search for apps that are compatible with the TV app then open the TV app on your handset and go to the Store tab.
At this moment these are the apps that are compatible with the TV App:
- Animal Planet Go
- Apple Music
- Comedy Central
- Cooking Channel
- Curiosity Stream
- CW Seed
- Discovery GO
- Food Network
- HBO NOW
- Investigative Discovery GO
- Science Discovery GO
- SHOWTIME Anytime
- TLC GO
- Travel Channel
- Tribeca Shortlist
Disable Viewing History in the TV app on Apple TV or iPhone
In case you don’t want the viewing history in the TV app to be displayed on your device then you can clean it up.
To do this follows these steps:
- On your iPad/iPhone, open settings app and go to TV
- On your Apple TV go to Settings-Apps-TV
- Turn on/off Up Next
- If you have disabled Up Next, all the viewing history will no longer be synced with your other devices
Permanently remove Content from Apps in TV App on Apple TV/iPhone
- Open Settings app—TV on your iDevice
- On your Apple TV, open Settings and go to Apps—TV
- Now, select the app which content you want to remove
- Now, choose Remove or Remove and clear Play History
Clear all viewing History in the TV App on iPhone or Apple TV
- Open Settings and go to TV on your iDevice
- Open Settings on your Apple TV and go to Apps—TV
- Now just press on Clear Play History